Our goal at the Bee & Thistle is to pamper, to wrap our guests in comfort – luxurious bedding; thick, soft towels; and wonderful aromas! We want them to wake up in the morning to the tantalizing smells of organic, fair trade coffee and our home made scones or muffins baking in the oven. We want them to be excited about leaping out of their cozy beds to see what treats await them in the dining room! And we want to create delicious food!
Our menus have changed somewhat for 2014 as we will no longer be offering those wonderfully over indulgent breakfasts that had become our trademark in recent years. We know this will be disappointing for some but we are responding to the many guests who said that it was just too much food. Instead, we will focus this year on fresh, wholesome, local and organic wherever possible. We continue to make our wonderful home made Bee & Thistle Granola, chock full of wonderful things such as “real” old fashioned oats, plump hazelnuts, crunchy walnuts, pumpkin or sesame seeds and luscious cranberries. We still bake fresh muffins or scones every morning, including such favorites as Lemon Oatmeal Blackberry Muffins, Grapefruit Yogurt & Honey Scones, Banana Cinnamon & Chocolate Chip Muffins, and many more. We buy as many organic, free range eggs from a small home grower on Bowen Island as they can produce (see freerangeliving.blogspot.com to check them out). Chickens never had it so good! Our jams are lovingly created every summer in our own kitchen, with enticing flavour combinations such as Blackberry & Black Currant Cassis Liqueur Jam/Raspberry & Chocolate Liqueur Jam/Strawberry with Malibu Coconut & Rum Liqueur Jam/Pear, Pecan & Coffee Jam, Peach/Almond/Frangelico Jam, Rhubarb/Blueberry, and Margarita Grape Jelly, to name only a few.
Following is a sample menu to give you a glimpse of what we are serving:
• Coffee/Espresso/Tea/Hot Chocolate/Milk/Fresh Orange Juice
• Freshly Baked Croissants and/or Muffins, Scones or Cinnamon Buns
• Home Made Bee & Thistle Hazelnut Cranberry Granola
• Individual Cups of Fresh Blueberries, Raspberries, Strawberries, Banana Slices and/or Blackberries
• A Fresh Fruit Platter, Including Tropical and Locally Grown Fruits, as well as Ham & Cheese Slices
• Toaster Waffles and Wholesome Multi Grain Bread Available For Those Who Prefer Something Simple
• A Variety of Home Made Jams