|Guest Rooms ::||The Lions’ Loft Suite |||Ivy’s Room |||Florence’s Room |||Molly’s Room|
Inspired by the brief glimpse provided by the Vancouver Archives of the people who have lived, loved, laughed and cooked in this house, the second floor guest rooms in the Bee & Thistle are all named for women who lived in the home in the early 1900s. The top floor suite is called the Lions’ Loft, so named because of its’ lovely view of the famous twin rock formations in Vancouver’s north shore mountains, which many people believe look like a pair of majestic lions keeping watch over the city.
“The house is tastfully remodeled in a way that enhances its historic character. ..” TripAdvisor Feb. 19, 2010
At the Bee & Thistle, we endeavour to create an atmosphere of luxurious relaxation and comfort. Some of the features of our rooms include the following:
- An antique desk with a net book computer for your personal use
- Luxury linens & either goose down or silk duvets
- Luxurious mattresses in all rooms. A guest commented that theirs was “a magnet rather than a mattress – extremely difficult to leave!”
- The newest electronic door locking systems, with private entry codes.
- Reading lamps on bedside tables or on headboard.
- Mini fridge stocked with complimentary soft drinks and snacks
- Lovely white bathrobes
- Both goose down or hypo allergenic poly pillows (with extra pillows in each room)
- Coffee tray with electric coffee pot, mugs, complementary coffee, hot chocolate & an assortment of teas from “Two Leaves and a Bud”.
- Flat screen t.v. with 60+ channels
- iPod Docking station/Clock Radio
- Antique wardrobes in the standard rooms, walk in closet in the Lions’ Loft
- Thermostats for heat control in every room
- Skylights in the Lions’ Loft
- Smoke free environment
- Maps and a concierge package with our daily menu, sightseeing suggestions and restaurant and entertainment suggestions – we’re happy to make bookings for you!
- Cots available for a child or extra guest
- Blue Ray player and a selection of DVDs available in our expanding DVD library
- A selection of books and magazines in your room and in the common areas
- Complimentary scan and copy services available at your request
- Shoe shine and sewing kits
Every room at the Bee & Thistle features a bathroom that will make you feel like you’ve stepped into your own private spa. They feature a minimum of the following:
- Sparkling chandelier & wall sconces/lights
- Granite, marble and/or designer tiles, many from Italy or Spain
- Three of the rooms have custom showers with both rain head & hand held sprays, floor to ceiling custom glass surround
- The Lions’ Loft features a 72” claw foot tub
- The Ivy & The Florence Room both feature deep, luxurious soaker tubs
- Heated tile floors with individual programmable thermostats
- Dispensers containing quality body wash, shampoo & conditioner
- A basket of personal size amenities, including a vanity kit (Q Tips, etc.), makeup remover, bath salts, hand cream, and other luxurious products
- Full size hair dryer
- Some have antique vanities
and much more…